Cellular Statistics (April 2009) and Russian 2008 VAS data
AC&M released its estimates on Russian and Ukrainian cellular markets for April 2009.
We also released quarterly cellular VAS statistics for the fourth quarter of 2008 and annual 2008 and 2007 numbers.
To download this information please refer to our Data Downloads section.
Key points of 2009 April cellular market data are:
- Number of subscribers (valid SIM cards) increasedto 192.8 mln, up 2 mln from March 2009, 23.5 mln from April 2008;
- Penetration increased to 132.8% (up 1.4% from March 2009, 16.2% from April 2008);
- There were 192 and 171 SIM-cards in use per 100 population in Moscow and St.Petersburg respectively as of April 30, 2008.
- Number of subscribers (valid SIM cards) decreased to 55.2 mln, down 0.3 mln from March 2009, up 0.1 mln from April 2008);
- Penetration decreased to 119.7% (down 0.6% from March 2009, up 0.8% from April 2008).
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.