Residential Broadband Statistics
The number of residential broadband accounts in Russia as of year-end 2012 is 19.2 mn, penetration is almost 40% (per household).
Highlights of 2010:
- Broadband penetration almost reached 30% of households by the end of 2010
- Total number of broadband accounts is 15.4 mn
- Penetration in Moscow and St.Pete are above 70%
AC&M releases estimates on Russian residential broadband data.
Key points are:
- Total number of residential broadband accounts is above 14 mln.
- Penetration of broadband services in September 2010 reaches 27.2% in Russia while Moscow penetration is above 70%.
- Centertelecom is a leading provider of BB services in Russia, followed by Comstar, Vimpelcom and ER-Telecom.
- Comstar, Vimpelcom and AKADO dominate Moscow market.
Please note that Vimpelcom broadband subscribers in Moscow include both wireline and Beeline WiFi subscribers.